Yeah, yeah, I know I said I wouldn't be joining in any reading challenges this year because I recently made a TBR jar. (Um, more like a TBR tumbler because I just used an old tumbler and I don't really have a jar but anyway...) And because of that, I wouldn't be able to control what genre of book I'll be reading next. I decided to just feel free to read whatever book I picked from the TBR
tumbler jar. But when I saw The Book Belles' 2015 Contemporary Challenge, I thought, "Screw freedom! I'm going to sign up with this challenge! RAWR!!" And so here I am, writing my sign-up post. ^__^ More than half of my TBR's contemporary books anyway, so I think I'll still be able to complete this challenge this year. Here are the details taken from The Book Belles' blog:
2015 Contemporary Challenge
hosted by The Book Belles
- You can read any YA contemporary novel you'd like, and it doesn't necessarily have to be published in 2015. (The 2015 YA Scavenger Hunt will be exclusive to authors of YA contemporaries published in 2015, but for the challenge, you're welcome to read any contemporaries you'd like :)
- For a book to count towards the challenge, you must read and review it between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- You'll get one entry for each review posted to the link-up in the monthly prize pack drawings. If you link up one review, you'll get one entry, two reviews-two entries, and so on.
- Both the challenge and the monthly giveaways are international.Levels:
- Poppy: 1-5 Books
- Carnation: 6-10 Books
- Peony: 11-15 Books
- Lily: 16-20 Books
- Tulip: 21-25 Books
- Rose: 26+ BooksMore Details:
- I'll post the review link-up and giveaway on the 25th of every month.
- Everyone who has either a Goodreads or some platform to review on (blog, Youtube, etc). is eligible to participate!
- Sign-ups will stay open through January 31, 2015.
- There's a Goodreads group for the challenge here and I'm working on adding all of the 2015 contemporary releases to the group's bookshelf.
Also, contemporary is my favorite genre so I think not joining this challenge is a crime. I'm aiming for the Peony level: 11-15 books because why not? Hehee.. ^__^ If you wanna join in this challenge, head on to The Book Belles to sign-up! Happy reading!